This year for Christmas Melekia from TheAusLibrary has created this genius initiative! It’s an Australia wide Bookish Secret Santa!
She got a group of us together and planned this, as a kind of thanks for being such an amazing community. Anyone that is obsessed with books, and lives in Australia is free to join. The sign up forms are here, and the entries close on the 10th of November so make sure you get in quick.
Here are some rules:
1. All gifts must be worth $20. It is up to you if you decide to spend more than that on your Secret Santa buddy.
2. A tracking number should be provided for each package
3. The Secret Santa box is only open to Australian Residents
4. Be considerate. Once you sign up we expect everyone to follow through and provide gifts to their secret santa buddy.
5. If you are unable to follow through let us know here under the subject Secret Santa, so I can tell your partner what is happening.
6. All participants who share their gifts on social media with the hashtag #BSSau15 are put into a raffle and one lucky person will receive a gift from donations that have been given to the event.
7. Participants are given the names (initials) and details of the person they’ll be buying gifts for on the 18th of November.
8. All gifts should be mailed within two weeks of christmas.
9. Plus it is up to you if you’d like to share your identity to the person you’ve bought the gift for.
10. You are all given a favourite colour, book wishlist and a fandom so you can personalise your gift. It is up to you on how many items you decide to gift. But everyone should be receiving a book.
So be sure to check it out, because it’s guaranteed to be a lot of fun!
Thank you to Nikki, Sally and Meleika for creating such an exciting idea, and be sure to check out these fantastic ladies (Their links are below!)